Friday, May 13, 2011

fitness catch up


working on my overhead squat. this was 95 pounds that i got for a few reps for 5 sets or so....


practicing my handstand push range of motion. i need to get a shorter ball and work on my hollow position. i'm not yet at a full range of motion, so i'm working in increments.



BACK SQUAT--here are my 2 reps at 190. very close to my goal of 200 pounds. be sure to check out my coach's youtube channel for lots of other videos....



some of my favorite workouts that i have done recently:

5 rounds of 400m run and 15 pushups--running has always been hard for me. this was a good workout because the distance isn't too long and i can run without stopping each round. the pushups were like a rest period for me.


8 rounds of 30 second handstand hold (against the wall) and 10 air squats-- i like this one because you can do it at home in less than 10 minutes. it took me just 7 minutes and some change. what a shoulder burner!


10,9,8,7,6,5,4,3,2,1 reps of dumbell swings, push ups and a 200m run-- this workout was done with a partner, only one person is working at a time. the rest time is pretty substantial in the beginning but gets shorter as you go on.


scaled version of the 11.5 Crossfit Open WOD 7 min AMRAP of 5 Power cleans (75#), 7 knees to elbows and 10 wallballs (12#)-- this was so much fun! power cleans are my absolute favorite. i'm pretty sure i got just about 7 rounds on this one.

No comments: