Thursday, September 9, 2010

PWO meat and potatoes

post work out last night i was pressed for time. i downed a scoop of whey and threw together some burgers with grilled onions and microwaved 2 sweet potatoes. i rarely eat starch, but if i'm going to have a sweet potato, i will plan it so it's PWO. this is my second sweet potato in probably 2 or 3 months... go ahead, judge me.

i heated my grill pan to medium-highish heat. took a pound of grassfed ground beef and made two burgers. i sliced up a sweet yellow onion and cooked both the burgers and onions in olive oil. cook your burgers to your liking. call me crazy, but i have always used the face test to tell when my meat is done.



i microwaved 2 sweet potatoes for 5 or 6 minutes topped them with butter and cinnamon. i topped the burgers with the grilled onions. it was delicious... and fast!

yes that white hunk on my sweet potato is BUTTER

1 comment:

Marie said...

The face test is an amazing tip! I've never heard that before ... thank you!